- Understand the Algorithm: It is very important that you are extremely present and active on Twitter. It is in live time, which means as soon as you tweet, it begins to scroll to the bottom of your followers feed. Twitter’s algorithm is not as advanced as Facebook’s; a major downfall regarding this platform. A way to help combat this algorithm is by liking, retweeting, and responding to your tweets and mentions. Many businesses are lenient when creating a Twitter as this is a platform where celebrities hang out and tweet. Even though this is true, Twitter is still a beneficial platform to grow and connect to more potential customers.
- Condensed Content: Twitter only gives their users 280 characters for each tweet. Using fewer words to get your point across is most beneficial. This allows your content to be read and retweeted quickly. We recommend posting at least six times a day to help ensure that you will reach your followers.
- Use Videos to Your Advantage: When posting on Twitter, videos are the best in terms of performance. You can also go live, which allows your followers the ability to connect to you on a more personal level.
- Hashtags and Trends: It is very important to stay relevant. This can be done by researching hashtags and trends. Topics that are trending now are seen by millions of people. You can retweet and respond to comments to help grow your following and outreach. This shows that are you are a part of the conversation!
- Follow the Right People: When thinking about social media, you always want to grow your following as fast as possible. It is important to gain followers, but you want them to be individuals that are interested in your offer or goal. If you have 100,000 followers but none of them meet your demographic of an ideal client, this is not beneficial to you. It is important to follow people who share your values and interests, along with industry leaders.
Even though Twitter is filled with influencers and celebrities, you still have a voice on this platform! It is important that you show up and stay engaged with your followers.